2 1-pint wide mouth mason jars with lids
1 pound small cucumbers
3 cloves of garlic
1 Tbsp. whole peppercorns
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. kosher salt
2/3 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
1 large handful fresh dill
1. Wash mason jars and lids with hot soapy water, rinse and let air dry.
2. Quarter the cucumbers into 4 slices each, lengthwise. Cut 3 cloves of garlic in half
Make Brine: in a spare mason jar or covered container, combine whole peppercorns, sugar, salt, and vinegar. Tightly close the lid and shake vigorously until the sugar and salt dissolve. Add 1 cup water to mixture.
3. In two clean mason jars, tightly pack cucumbers, garlic, and fresh dill.
4. Pour the brine mixture over the cucumbers. Tap the jars on the counter to release any air bubbles and top off the jar with extra water if any cucumbers are exposed.
5. Place the lids on the jars and screw on the rings until they are tight. Leave the jars in the fridge for 24 hours before tasting.
**The pickles last up to one month refrigerated.
Recipe by Alex Feuchtenberger