Farm Name: Prairie Horizons Farm LLC
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, (320) 760-8732
About Prairie Horizons
Luverne and Mary Jo Forbord are 5th generation Minnesota farmers. They purchased the farm (then a dairy operation) from Luverne’s parents in 1985. In 2000, they began the transition to grass-based organic agriculture and were Certified Organic in 2006. They are committed to serving our community with healthful and delicious foods from Certified Organic pastures, gardens and Joraan’s Orchard.
Located on a vibrant 480 acres, between Benson and Starbuck on State Hwy 29, Prairie Horizons Farm includes 100 acres of original native prairie and more than 300 acres of diverse, perennial, Certified Organic pasture. This land is home to 150 cattle, 17 goats and many native creatures, as well.
- 100% grass-fed beef from Certified Organic pastures
- Certified Organic orchard fruits – nanking cherries, chokecherries, grapes, raspberries, plums, apricots, apples
- Certified Organic produce – garlic, hazelnuts, radishes, carrots, peppers, eggplant, squash and other vegetables in season
- Native prairie teas – gathered from the land
- Canned and preserved foods – made from Prairie Horizons produce
During the 2021 Market season, please shop our website and order online by 5:00 p.m. Wednesday for you to pick it up at the Morris Area Farmers Market.