Buckwheat Stir Fry Recipe with cooked roasted buckwheat groats, kale, pepper, marinated artichokes and optional feta cheese for a healthy 30 minute dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups roasted buckwheat groats, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- ⅛ tsp. Pinch of salt
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed & finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 cups marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- ¼ cup cooking oil, divided
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, finely chopped
Foolproof buckwheat cooking method:
- In a medium pot, add buckwheat; rinse and drain with cold water a few times. Add 3 cups water and a pinch of salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Do not open the lid. Remove from heat, let stand for 3 minutes and fluff with a fork.
- In the meanwhile, preheat wok or skillet on medium heat and swirl 1 tbsp of oil to coat. Add garlic and sauté for 10 seconds. Add kale and 1/4 tsp salt; sauté until shrunk in half, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Return wok to high heat and swirl 1 tbsp of oil. Add peppers and 1/4 tsp salt; sauté until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl with kale.
- Reduce heat to low and add remaining 2 tbsp of oil. Add cooked buckwheat and briefly stir it to coat in oil. Turn off heat. Add previously cooked kale and peppers, artichoke hearts, parsley, basil and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Stir gently and serve warm.
- Store: Refrigerate for up to 4 days.